Monday, December 04, 2006

The Sister Update

Still no word from Jeannie, but at least we know she's still alive (she was at work today). Mom and dad went to her work and took the car (it's "hidden" somewhere now). (They didn't go in or see her at all.) And, she was scheduled to work today at a time that she's "supposed to" be in class. So, I guess that answers that question.
I called her 2 best friends today, and they were very sweet, and offered a little help. Neither of them has heard from her (one last talked to her on Thursday, the other on Saturday) either. The one thing I did manage to "get" out of them is that it is a guy, and that she's moved into an apartment with him (Jeannie had told them that mom & dad knew about it). They seemed very upset that she left like that, and they were surprised that none of us knew anything about it (the guy or the apartment).
I don't know who this guy is, and mom said she's heard his name, but never met him. Apparently, he works with Jeannie and is "a little older" than her. Mom thinks he may be one of the "guys" she's talked about being "into drugs." So, some of my assumptions are true. But, there are still many things left unknown. I did get the guy's phone number from one of the friends, but there was no answer when I called earlier. I'm thinking I'll try again, although I get the feeling he'll be screening his calls.
Anyways, I know this sounds selfish, but I am so mad that she had to do this right now! I don't think mom & Ruthie will be coming for my graduation. Like I said before, the three of them were planning on coming together, but obviously that isn't going to happen. Plane tickets might just be a little too much, and mom is very worried about leaving the house unattended for even a few days. I accept that she's decided that this is what she wants to do with her life (screw it up), but I hate that she has to do it in a way that affects the rest of us so much! Okay, that does sound selfish, but what I mean is that I believe every person has a right to make their own decisions (whether anyone else agrees with them or not). But, I DO NOT believe a person is allowed to make decisions that can/will hurt other people!
What if this guy really is trouble and his "enemies" start to cause trouble for the rest of my family? What if he convinces her (or she decides on her own) that mom & dad are terrible people and it would be okay to trash their house? Maybe that just the Soap Opera inside my head, but hey, you never know about people! (Did y'all hear about that woman who put her baby in the microwave and killed it? Or the woman who had a fight with her boyfriend and lit him on fire while he was sleeping? Or the 12-year-old girl who set her mom on fire while she was sleeping, then ran off with her 2 younger siblings?) But, that's a whole other thing. You just don't know about people!
Well, I appreciate your comments, and I'll keep you posted on what's going on.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That is such a helpless feeling, when you have a family member making such horrible choices for themselves. Part of you wants to help them and part of you wants to just go on with your life. That's totally normal, I think, because your life is important, too. Just because your choices are good shouldn't mean they're any less worhty of attention than those that choose dramatic and dangerous choices.

I guess I have no advice, but I hope you and your family come to an understanding with your sister and that she (and you all, and the house) stay safe.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

that is odd that she moved in with someone no one knows. I hope that she is ok, and that everything works out for her. I understand your feeligns, i dont think its selfish at all. you have a lot going on with you right now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home