Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I Guess This is IT

I mean that in more ways than one.
First, for the Sister Stuff. I called the guy's phone again last night, and whaddya know, he actually answered. Here was our interaction:
Him: Hello (very gruff)
Me: Hello, is this T***?
Him: Yeah, who is THIS?
Me: This is Celina, Jeannie's sister. It's very important that I talk to her, is she there?
Him: Her sister? The one from Mississippi?
Me: Yes.
Him: Yeah, hold on.
(mumble, mumble)
Jeannie: Hello (oh, the attitude was just dripping off that word).

All I really told her is that I had heard what she did, and I had "nothing" to say about it. But, if she could stop thinking about herself for one second, she needs to realize that she owes it to mom & dad to talk to them. I told her that they weren't necessarily mad, just extremely concerned. "As far as we knew, you could've been dead in a ditch somewhere!" I told her there were other issues that they needed to sort through before she decided to remove herself from our lives, and it was extremely important that she call dad. I asked if she had anything to say, and all she said was "No." She did say that she would "try" to call them today. I told her that I cared so much about her, and it was "nice knowing you," and that I hope whatever decisions she makes for herself that she has a "great life."
Me: Iis that all? You really don't have anything to say?
Her: No.
Me: Well, that's really sad. Bye.
And, I hung up the phone. The whole conversation was less than 3 minutes. I don't know if she really will call them, but it's out of my hands. At least she knows that we all know. We know she's alive.
I think the worst part of it was her voice. I've never heard such contempt and attitude from anyone! I felt like everything I thought I knew about her was made up of lies. She is her mother! And, I wish she read this, because I want her to know that. The person she's claimed to "hate" (after never visiting them in MS and backing out of a visit for her graduation this summer) is the exact person she is. And, that's very very sad.
I don't know if I'll call her again. I mean, if she wanted to get in touch with me, she knows how. But I feel like there are so many things I need to say to her. I feel like we (the family) deserve to know why she hates us so much.
All I can hope is that when the smoke clears, she's safe, we're safe, and life will go on. I guess you just can't protect your heart, no matter how hard you try. I love her so much, and I don't think she even knows that.
Mom just called and said that she told Gary (my brother, Jeannie's "full-blood" brother) about my conversation with her last night. He got very upset so mom is on her way to see him now. He's so much stronger than Jeannie and cut his own mother out of his life after only 2 years. (He called her one day and told her how much he hated her for hurting him & Jeannie for so long, and that he didn't want to hear from her again. He even told Jeannie that if she came to her graduation, he would not see her.) I can't imagine how much it hurts him to see that his sister is the same person. I'm sorry, bro, I love you.
I had some other stuff to talk about, but this took longer than I though and I really need to go over my notes a few more times. I have my last final (ever?) at 3:00, and this one is killer! ACK! Quick, tell me everything you know about PCR, cloning vectors, genomic libraries, and recombination!

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

I used to know about the stuff you are asking but that seems like another lifetime. However, I can answer any and all breastfeeding questions.

I am so very sorry about the sister drama. Things like this are painful for everyone.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

"Quick, tell me everything you know about PCR, cloning vectors, genomic libraries, and recombination!"

Not a dang thing, sorry.

I am sorry you had to do that with your sister but it was the right thing. It doesn't make it suck any less but you have to find your own peace with it, even if it's temporary. Good for you for doing the adult thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home