Thursday, May 24, 2007

May 24

It's my birthday, and I'm just getting off from a nearly-full day at work. I say nearly-full because we had a long lunch (out) today. My original idea had been "Potluck Payday" (as in, every Friday that's a payday, we'd bring in random dishes and have a "pot luck" lunch). Well, I think everyone liked the idea, and we had decided on Frito Pies. One co-worker offered to make the beans and chili, but at the last minute, he decided that he didn't "wanna" cook. Instead, he suggested eating lunch "out." So, we went further downtown to a Japanese Gril/Sushi restaurant. It was pretty good... but left me feeling in desperate need of a NAP!
Tomorrow, at some ungodly hour, I will be leaving the house, "hitching" a ride to the airport, and meeting R in Gulfport. After 6.5 weeks of being apart, I am only a day away from seeing him again! Our weekend is planned out, nearly to the minute, and it will be a Hectic one! I arrive in Gulfport at 11:30. We pick up the truck at 1:00 (I "upsized" to a 22 foot truck--from a 16 footer yesterday, then got a phone call this morning that there weren't any 22 footers available, so we were "upsized" again to a 26 foot truck! Yes, that means we'll practically be driving a semi-truck halfway across the country!) After picking up the truck, I plan to drop by best-bud, AJ's house to see her and the fiance for a little while. Then, we'll head up to my MIL's house to hang out (and probably have dinner) with her, SIL, and nephew. Later (but hopefully not too late) we'll drive up to Starkville. Once there, we'll find a decent hotel where we can crash for the night. Early Saturday, we'll get to packing our stuff (move it all from storage to truck), this is the part I'm least sure about--I really hope it doesn't take us all day! Saturday night we'll have dinner (maybe with some friends) and take it easy. Late (I'm talking 10 or 11) Saturday night (or early Sunday morning) we'll hit the road again. 18 to 20 hours later, we'll finally be "home" again. That is assuming that, together, R and I can make New Mexico feel like "home." (I'm betting that we can.)
I would write more, but it's getting late, and I offered to go pick up little sis from her "fundraiser" thing. Wish me luck for this weekend!

5 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

I'm sooo excited for ya'll. I know you miss your man bunches:-). Finally ya'll will be together again and starting a brand new chapter!
Enjoy every minute of it:-)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Happy Birthday!!!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy your trip! That's a big freaking truck!!!
and *cheesy line alert* remember, home is where the heart is...
*aaaaaaah*

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Sorry to be late on your birthday wishes! No one told me, but I guess that's no excuse. I hope your trip went well, and you should update us soon.

Say hi to that nephew of mine for me. :) I need to go and send in a proposal for the conference in ALQ next Feb so we can come visit ya'll.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Happy [Belated] Birthday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home