Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Anxiety Inducers

Last night I had a dream that we drove to New Mexico. When we got into Albuquerque, we passed up the place that I'll be working at (it's right off the interstate), so I decided to drive by there and show R. We stopped at the building and there were a lot of people everywhere (walking, jogging, riding bikes), so we decided to ride our bikes, too. We asked for directions to the "trail" (apparently there was a "trail" that leads from downtown right into my parent's neighborhood). R and I rode all over the place and ended up lost! We decided to split on the trail and whoever found their way first would call the other. Well, I just got lost even worse, and I had no reception on my cell phone!

For the past couple of days I've had an upset tummy! It's not nausea or diarrhea, just a constant gurgling feeling in the pit of my stomach! I think it's just nerves, but I also haven't been very hungry lately! Blech! What great timing to be feeling not well!

Today, my coworker had a flat tire and he asked me to go with him to the tire shop so I could give him a ride back to work. So, I did. On the way back to work, I decided to stop at Sonic to get a drink (cherry limeade, yum). Well, we're sitting there waiting for my drink, and I'm counting out change to pay when SMACK, CRACK, KAB-OOSH!!
The guy who was weedeating the median between Sonic and Captain D's hit a rock and it flew into my front passenger window!! The glass busted all over my coworker (he didn't even get a scratch, thankfully) and scared the $*&# out of me!! I jumped out of the truck and got the weedeater guy's attention: raising arms in the air, yelling out "hey! HEY!," and pointing at my truck. He cut off the weedeater and looked at me like I was crazy. I said "Yeah, um, you just busted out my window, man!" The other yard guy came over and they called their boss (they work for a landscaping LLC) to report the accident. They gave me the number and I asked for the weedeater guy's name (he seemed hesitant to give it to me). I called the company and gave them my information. Oh, and I did take pictures of their work truck, the spot he was weedeating, and the glass all over my truck. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the boss guy. If I don't hear something by 2, I'll call again, I mean, I really would like to have all my windows intact!
I just wonder, what are the chances of this happening? Why was it me? The guy next to me pulled out of his spot a few minutes after it happened and asked what was going on. I told him and he said "Wow." I said "Yeah, just think, it could've been You!" Funny thing (not really funny, actually, it kinda makes me mad) is that the weedeater guy never even apologized!! I know, really! Jerk! Like it was my fault for stopping at Sonic!

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

WOW !!!! It is amazing not a scratch on your co-worker. I hope you got in touch with the Landscape boss. It's ridiculous how rude people can be these days. I hope your tummy settles, but I think it's not going to happen until your first day of work at the new job my dear:-).
P.S. I love Sonic's cherry limeade too. I usually get them to add strawberries along with cherries:-).

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

That's the future for you. You married into the Murphy Clan and you will be plagued with Murphy's Law the rest of your life as I have been.
I love those drinks too knew you had good taste when you chose my Grandson!!!
Love Gma M

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Aw man, everything is just so much more intense during transition periods. Thankfully, the window wasn't open (or too far open) and the rock didn't hit one of you. Yikes! Take some deep breaths, you are in a crazy time. Good luck!

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

dang, really, what are the odds of that happening?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home