Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tha Partay's Ova Here!

Tha partay's ova there!
This weekend we're having a "little shindig" in celebration of R's birthday (the big? 2-6) and my New Job. It had started out as a surprise b'day party for him, but I accidentally spilled the beans (and I'm usually so good about not telling surprises) a few days ago. You have to know, though, that R is an incredibly tough cookie when it comes to hiding stuff. See, I was trying to tell him this funny story about best-bud AJ's "psycho" girlfriend when I mentioned her coming to visit this weekend. He didn't even hear the rest of the story, because he was stuck on "Why is she coming to visit?" I told him that she was coming to celebrate the New Job and to help us pack. He immediately asked, "How long ago did you plan this visit?" See, all this happened the day after I found out about the New Job, so he knew that we had planned her visit before I knew I had the job... Anyways, he found out and we (I) decided to make it into a "Dual Celebration."
Last Friday I made up these cute little invitations and he frowned when I showed him! I mean, what's that supposed to mean? Does he think they're ugly, or silly, or just unnessesary? How else would we "formally" invite the few (20 or so) friends we do have, tell them the appropriate time to arrive, announce that we will provide food & drinks, and supply directions to the house?
Today I handed a few out (mostly to the people I work with) and it was fun! They're like, "Oh, you're having a party? Cool!" And I'm like, "Yeah, but it's nothing fancy, just a little thing to get together, hang out, and eat." And they're like, "That sounds like fun, I'll be there." And I'm like... just kidding. :) I like to joke like that (how, like, valley girls talk, you know, like this) to bug R.
Well, this morning he "forgot" to grab his bunch of inviations, so he can't be mad at me when none of his friends show up, right? Oh, and in case you were wondering, You're Invited, Too!!
Today's Tally: Mom has called 4 times, and it's not even 5:00.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Yay! Have a fun party!

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

Celina.....I just heard about the job in NM! I'm so very happy for you and PROUD! I knew you'd get what you wanted, it just takes time sometimes and, I think the humble demon likes to remind us that we have to wait things out that we really want sometimes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home