Wednesday, March 07, 2007

April 23

Okay, I'm not confused by what day it is today... I'm just pointing out the fact that our show, Heroes, will not be on again until April 23! In case you haven't been "sucked in" as badly as we have, here's the deal. Back in October we started watching this show. It comes on Monday nights at 8 and is awesome! There were 8 or 9 episodes and then, sometime in November, at the end of the episode, we were told that Heroes would be returning on January 22. So, we waited... and waited... and waited. January 22 rolled around, and it was back! Since then, we've watched another 8 or 9 episodes (even rushing home from weekend trips to Gulfport to make it back in time) and this Monday, at the end of the episode, we were told that Heroes would be returning on April 23! That's a month and a half! Who knows where we'll be by then!
Why do they do this to us? Is it a test of loyalty? Is it to increase the ratings? Do people watch less tv during these times of the year and they don't want anyone to miss their show? What's the deal? And, why are we so into this show that the thought of missing an episode makes me feel a little sad?
You know, I don't watch a lot of tv (at least by comparison to most of the people I know). I have to watch my General Hospital. We like Family Guy so much we bought all 4 seasons on DVD. And, I've watched most episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond and Seinfeld. Besides that, I could pretty much do without tv. But, then they bring about something like Heroes. Something that speaks to the inner hero in me, that makes me love and hate the characters, that makes me anxious to find out what happens next.
Anyways, I know this isn't important in The Bigger Picture. But, it's still annoying. It's somebody messing with my routine. And I like my routine very much, thank you!

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

It always happens,the MAN gets you hooked on something and you have to do it. I love Lost, Grays anatomy and you have to watch it every week and I hate reruns.It makes me mad when they get you hooked then they take it off the air.
Dottie

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

I just found this out yesterday. I almost cried. I'm not a big TV watcher but this is the one show I must watch every week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home