Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Be My Valentine

As I think back over the past 7 valentine's days... the 7 R and I have shared... no one stands out as extraordinary. Every day we tell each other "I love you," hug and kiss, and try our best to be nice. I don't need Hallmark, Russell Stover, or Kay's to tell me that my husband loves me. If he remembers that I mentioned my need for socks and a new belt--and delivers those to me, I am happy. Just for the sake of simplicity, we will probably eat out tonight, but I doubt we will go anywhere out of the ordinary (does a $10 burger really taste any better than a $4 burger?). In fact, I'd rather eat quick and get home to continue our game (we've been playing Justice League on the PS2 for the past week--almost got it beat). Maybe we'll order some burgers or chinese food for delivery. I can pick up a bottle of wine on my way home. We'll hug and kiss and say "I love you" just like every other day.
How do you feel about this day? Do you have special traditions, or fantastic plans for the day/night? Do you expect gifts?

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

Happy Valentines to both of you.BIG HUGGES AND KISSES!!!!
I always love the simple things too. When me and big R got married he gave me 1 red rose to carry so he always gave me a rose on this day then on the 19th he would give me another one for our anniversity. Simple is very good and romantice.
be good to each other always hug and kiss and tell each other you love them everyday.

love you both!!!!
Mom P

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

happy belated valentines! We were snowed in on V-day. I got an early gift. A steam vac. Practical. Such is the story of an adult. I do expect gifts, but that's the way I am.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Oh, I know, late late. But we don't really do much either. We bought a special dinner (steak and champagne) and actually stuck the babies in their TV room (where they could come out, we didn't close the door or anything) and had about five WHOLE MINUTES alone! That was kinda fun. But I think like you do that you should not wait till a special day to say the things you ought to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home