Friday, January 26, 2007

Anti-Nesty (aka Antsy)

I have this overwhelming urge to pack things. In the process of fixing up our living room, we've removed (packed) most of our nick-nacks and wall hangings, and it feels weird. I'm used to having my family's pictures over there on that shelf, and the big mirror up there, and the gazebo picture right there, and grampa's cross on that nail by the door. I jokingly say that we're going for the "minimalist approach," but really I just feel weird. I even brought home a few more boxes from the lab (they've been in the back of the truck for 2 days). Maybe I'll use those for my books and little stuff from the kitchen.
We've discussed getting a small storage unit to move some boxes and "toys" out of the shed. I think when we finally do get around to trying to sell the house that will make it look a little nicer. Also, our clothes dryer gave up the ghost last weekend, so we're looking for another one.
Ha! And, I can say all this with a straight face--knowing that I still haven't had a job offer. Here I am, making plans on how to get out of here, and I don't even have the logistics of the whole thing! Hey, maybe while you're reading your morning paper, you could keep an eye out for job postings--for a Microbiologist, Lab Technician, Scientist, or any combination of those words... I've already applied to jobs in NM, CA, CO, MT, WI, GA, MD, NJ, WA, OR, ID, PA, and ND. Obviously, by this point, I'm open to any suggestions!

3 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Hey, never hurts to have a plan in mind, even if you have to change it. Good luck with the job search, though- one of those is bound to call. I bet it's just "meant to be" and since all those states are currently freezing you'll get a call when we all thaw again (which better be soon or I'm gonna lose it).

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

Hey, what's wrong with texas? We have jobs too. :)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Well you can move to ohio, i know of a nice townhouse you can rent, where you will have the best neighbor in the world. I'm gonna be in the market for a neighbor soon. I dunno about a microbiologist but there are tons of jobs at my new place to tide you over.

Well, it wasn't THAT selfish of me. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home