Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Maybe Time to Upgrade

Okay, so before I start, I know that talking about one's sleeping habits is a bit personal, and discussing said habits of one's spouse is probably entirely inappropriate, but I have to share this.
R and I sleep on a queen bed. It has been nice having that "extra room" you know, as opposed to a twin bed. But, apparently it's not enough. Maybe we need to knock down a few walls to make room for a King bed? You decide.
Let's start with Exibit A: In this cartoon diagram, you may notice that two equally-sized individuals find that there is indeed enough room for each person to maintain an expected level of comfort. This is how I would assume a nice, well-mannered couple would situate themselved on any average night of the week.




Enter Exibit B: Here you will see that one member of the aforementioned couple has a slightly irregular location and manner of sleeping. Please also note the presence of two smaller individuals (those are cats, in case you were wondering) who have unanimously decided that the individual on the left is an ideal heater, headrest, and comforter.




After close inspection of these diagrams, can one please explain to me why, at 2:00 this morning when I woke up and asked R to "please scoot over," he proclaimed, "I am at the EDGE of the bed, YOU scoot over!" ?? Help me out here, am I missing something?

5 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

LOL!!. Men seem to expand a bit when asleep it seems. But really it's the cats fault *wink*.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Blame the cats, I say!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

I guess I should also clarify that R does not actually get BIGGER as he sleeps (as the cartoon diagram may suggest), it just FEELS that way. Oh, and he usually gets bugged when I put stuff (especially pictures) about him on here, but he couldn't stop laughing at this one. And, he keeps asking me if I've gotten any comments on it! :) So, I think he really (secretly) likes the attention! :)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

I am the one who expands in my sleep. Our bed contains us, Nonami, and 1-2 cats. It's a full sized bed, we desperately need a bigger bed.

Mr. MFBA says I run him to the edge of the bed almost every night and I steal the covers.

I woke up the other night and we were 4 spoons him, me, the baby, the 20 pound cat.

I absolutely love the diagrams!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

heeeeey. were you in my room drawing pictures of me? This same thing happens at my house! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home