Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What a Weekend!

So, Christmas is over, and I'm happy and comfortable in my own home... ahhh!
You know what I mean? It's great to go other places, see family, exchange gifts, and spend time with all the little ones. But, boy-oh-boy, the best part is getting back home, adjusting the thermostat to my preferred temperature, and staying in my pajamas all day! This holiday was a little more difficult for me, but I think I did okay not letting my "bah-humbug" feelings show (at least, not too much).
My MIL happily entertained and cooked for a full house, and the 5 kids (3, 18mos, 18mos, 14mos, and 7 mos) were only slightly overwhelming. I saw more toys unwrapped and tossed aside than I've ever seen, ate the best dressing (MIL does it best), and even had chef-prepared french toast at my best friend's house (thanks Mr. AJ)!
I took lots of pictures, but don't really feel like uploading them... so they'll have to wait. Oh, and I DID try to post before today, but the "new" blogger thing was giving me all kinds of problems.
Okay, well, I have a lot of errands to take care of today, and I only have another week before I start work back in the lab! (I had that interview last week, and it went very well. I should hear something back from them by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll keep y'all posted!)

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

it is good to be home. I dont miss having to run around on the holidays. sounds like you had a fun time!

Good luck on hearing from your job!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

It was a little crowded but still fun. I really appreciated the effort the smokers made to not stinking up the place for us non-smokers. :) And the way you, R, and husband played with the babies in the blow up ball pit. That is a high point. And then you and R conning Baby B into playing with the vacuum thingy for, like, hours. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home