Wednesday, March 14, 2007

See my new title??

Go ahead and glance up there, I'll wait...
Okay, now that you're back... OMG! Isn't that just fantastic??? Okay, let me go back a day. Yesterday the Boss Lady at the job I'm so interested in let me know that she was trying to get in touch with my references. She described it as a game of "phone tag."
Anyways, this afternoon I had an email from her that she had gotten in touch with one of them and asked how I felt about xyz salary. I told her it was great, and asked a few details about the job benefits. An hour later she emailed again that all she needed to do was have a "second interview" with me and the rest of her Lab Group and I should be approved. I told her thanks and that I looked forward to talking with her. Then, she emailed me back "when can you start?" I offered to come "whenever" if she would tell me a date that she wanted me to start. She said that she'd be "thrilled" if I could start tomorrow, but she'd let me figure out my moving plans and as soon as I give them the date, they will contact me for information to complete my "Official Hire Paperwork."
I don't know how much I should talk about this job... especially since I haven't even started yet, but I will say that the description sounds very, very interesting to a Lab Rat like me!! So, R and I are discussing the hows and whens of the next couple of weeks, and it looks like... by April 8 or 9 I will be a new resident of the great state of New Mexico!
As if that news wasn't awesome enough, we also have someone who wants to buy the house! No, really! We put the "For Sale" sign up on Monday afternoon and have already had 4 people come and look at it. Yesterday evening a lady met us after dinner and "just loved" it! 15 minutes after she drove off, she called back and asked what we needed to "hold" it for her! I told her to call back today and I'd let her know. So, we decided that she would give us half of the price now and we will take down the sign. Then, she will be required to pay the rest by May 18, 2 weeks before she wants to move in! Do you know how perfect that is? That gives R a month here to keep working and "close up shop" around the house--then he collects the rest of the $$ and joins me in NM!! She's supposed to be coming over soon to sign the "Earnest Deposit" and give us some $$!
Wow! All I can say is that sometimes we need to just step back and Count Our Blessings!

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Woah, awesome! Congrats on everything!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

okay, you know that Mr. Dr. Zombieswan (hah!) is a Realtor, right? And I know you're in MS and he's licensed in LA but if you want any help with contracts & stuff, call us and he'll be glad to help out. It's not hard to do what you're doing, but you know there are risks. So if you want a contract & stuff.... because what happens if this lady doesn't pay the second half? Then wants her first half back? Or her check for the second half bounces? Etc.

But I really am glad for you. I'm happy, too, because there's a cool conference I like to go to in the town you're moving to, and we can come visit you during that time! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home