Sunday, March 18, 2007

I Needed An Excuse

Since about 10:00 this morning, I have been going nonstop! We got out of bed a little before 9, had breakfast, ran a few errands, and have been home the rest of the day. With 3 weeks (what?? Can it really be only 3 weeks??) left until I leave, I am starting to realize how much I really need to do.
Today I:
Cleaned the bathroom (threw away all the stuff we don't use, empited the storage closet, cleaned--and I do mean cleaned--the tub and shelf-thingy, organized R's bathroom things so they're not scattered everywhere).
Sorted my clothes (threw out all things that had holes/bleach stains/or just don't fit, packed up winter clothes in a separate bin--now if only I could remember where I put my summer clothes, set aside things that I don't wear/don't fit that can be yard sold).
Packed another 3 boxes of kitchen stuff (champagne glasses, margarita glasses, and coffee mugs--you know, all the things that are extremely breakable, utensils we don't use very often, "china" dishes, blender/chopper/various small appliances, threw out old food stuff, and set aside a lot of dishes for the yard sale).
Started on the file cabinet (throwing out old utility bills, shredding bank and credit card statements that are way old, set up a small "portable" file cabinet for those papers that we need to keep with us--birth certificates, marriage license, insurance paperwork, and got a good laugh at some of the things I thought were important enough to keep).
On top of all that, I also gave both cats and the dog a bath, cleaned up dog poo, and helped R with the jeep (don't even ask, that's a little sore subject right now) and clean up his stuff in the shed! Needless to say, my back is killing me--oh, and I'm starving! Now, R is outside pressure-washing the driveway (he made a heckuva mess) and I needed and excuse to sit down and relax--you're it!

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering (the cat's already out of the bag--I told mom yesterday) I start my New Job on April 11! That means I'll probably fly (Gulfport --> Albuquerque) sometime on Easter weekend. Um, and yeah, I'm starting to get a little sad...

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

You are busy! Can you spare some of that energy?

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

Energy? Said anything about energy? It's all in the caffeine and sugar! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home