Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is in the Air

Out of curiousity, would y'all please leave a comment for me--and tell me what your current temperature/weather conditions are?
Here, it is partly cloudy, winds 5-10mph, and hot. It's the first day of spring, and it already feels like the beginning of summer! I'm so happy to realize that last summer was, in fact, my last summer in Mississippi! Don't get me wrong, New Mexico is hot, too. But, I think I can survive much easier without the humidity!
During my 1-2 week visits to NM over the past couple of summers I've realized how much I love:
Less humidity = less sweat!
Less humidity = un-frizzy hair!
Less humidity = no AC, fans (and "swampcoolers") work great!

I'm getting closer to being less excited and more sad about leaving. I'll still be heading out Easter weekend, but the exact details (i.e. flying vs driving) are still in the works. R and I really need to figure that out soon! And, since this all came up so fast, I'm trying to figure out when/how I'll be able to get down to the coast to visit with my in-laws (mom, sister, and grammas) before I leave! Maybe I'll just have to take a trip down there by myself after the 1st? Better yet, I'll try to convince R to go with me on his days off!
Okay, back to work for me--you know, I am still an MSU employee! :)

7 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

OMG Celina!!!! I just got to catch up on your blog. I've had surgery and out of commission so to speak for a bit. Congrats on your new job. WOW!! ya'll sold the house fast too that is soo fantastic. The month apart from R will fly by and you 2 will carry on with such wonderful things happening for ya'll:-). Again, I'm soo very happy for you 2.
Take care.

P.S. The temps here in East Tn today was in the mid 70's. Wonderful weather compared to a few days ago which was low 40's in the day and 28 at night *shivers* :-).

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

Pensacola 78 and 92% Hum. Hope we get to see you before you leave. It seems all my chicks are leaving the nest.
Gma M

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

It's 64 degrees, low humidity, partly cloudy.

Warm enough to open the windows but cool enough to not get hot.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

It is nice in the south Ms.in the 70s during the day but still a little cool at night.
It was soooo nice in NM last summer I know you guys will love it.
see you guys soon.
Make sure you give my baby boy a good spanking on his B-day!
Love you both
Mom P

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger JustRun 's valuable input...

Colorado- Mid 60's, sunny, BEA-U-TI-FUL!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

AND....an addition to the comment I left on the previous post you did.....Please pass on my Happy Birthday wishes to R. I turned the big '45' on the 19th and I always forget that R's B'day follows mine!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

its been in the 60s here in Ohio, sunny and beautiful. Except for the day it rained like the end of the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home