Friday, March 30, 2007

Farewell

In this long, drawn out process of saying goodbye to MSU, the time has come. I am now in the final minutes of my Time Spent in the Forest Products Lab. In another 36 minutes I will no longer be able to stretch out in this somewhat-comfy computer chair and write my blog entries. As soon as I throw out my few remaining samples (I need to do that before I forget) there will be nothing in the fridges or freezers that belongs to me. I will not be included in another "Celebratory Lunch" or "Good Morning doughnuts" curtesy of boss lady. All the other workers (besides boss lady, coworker/grad student Grant, and ex-supervisor lady) have left for the day so I sit here (nearly) alone. Our lunch today was really nice and I even got a piece of this delicious Turtle Cheesecake to take home with me!
I have plans to attend the Super Bulldog Weekend events tomorrow with Grant and his wife (I'll probably take Guapo, too). That will be my last MSU event (unless R and I decide to be involved and go to the baseball game on Sunday--not very likely) until I come back as a distinguished alum and have my season tickets in the Club Level (hey, it's only $1000 for the season) to watch the best football--SEC Football!
Now it's time to head home and give the smelly dog a haircut and bath. It is finally time for me to move on. Yeah, move on.

4 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

How exciting!! I'm sure you will do great!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

How bittersweet!

Wishing you the very best in the next phase of your life.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

Not to stael a cliche or anything, but I think today is the first day of the rest of your life. Have fun.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger zombieswan 's valuable input...

Okay, we're waiting for news of your new place!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home