Friday, August 10, 2007

Still Here

Hello! Oh, how I miss you all! It's late and I need to get in bed, so here's a quick recap:

No house yet. We had our eye on one, but it was sold today. Boo Hoo. (and I though we'd get to proclaim our "homeownership" on a cute little adobe casita)

Still having family drama. Don't wanna get into it, let's just say it got rough there for a while.

Nabi is no longer a "complete" cat. Interesting things: The vet was "amazed" by her "abnormally large" uterus. Also, she's finally putting on a little weight.

Reina is on a diet. Let's hope she doesn't lose it all, while Nabi gets to be the "fat one."

R is still "considering" starting school in the fall. He's been doing a lot of work with this "yard guy" and his team--making friends, networking, and getting comfortable with working in NM.

Work is interesting. I learn new things everyday and have to "file" away new information constantly. Most of the time I feel utterly confused (although I'm starting to recognize a pattern with my coworkers). For the most part, we all get along--which is a big improvement over my last... several... jobs.

I will be back in "the south" in 2 weeks (when I go to Atlanta for a conference). *cross fingers* Here's to hoping there's a break in the "Heat Wave" before I get there! I'd probably die in that humidity!!

I do wish I had the time/energy to blog. But, seeing as how the only place I can "pick up" internet is in the living room (i.e. dad's domain), and the only time I feel comfortable in here is when they're out of town, I can't do much of anything.

Oh, and tomorrow we're going to look at condos (oh joy) with a realtor. Yeah, just what I want, and overpriced, underspaced apartment. Well, at least this way we can say that we looked at all our options.

Take care and don't forget about me!

2 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

It was nice to get an update! Glad you are doing well, hope you are a homeowner soon. It's gotta be rough living with family after being on your own, in your own space!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

Glad to see an update!

Good luck on the house hunting. Hopefully the sluggish market will allow you to find something you love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home