Monday, January 11, 2010

So Many Movies!

How come I never knew the wonders of Netflix before now? Over the past 4 months since I became a member, I have rented 22 movies and watched 19 of them. I currently have 2 waiting to be watched and 1 that I lost(!) and had to pay for. Wow. For years, we had been loyal Blockbuster customers. However, a few months ago we drove by our neighborhood rental store to find that it was closed. No warning, no signs, nothing; just lights off and the sign gone! (Maybe they had too many robberies and decided this location wasn't worth the risk?) After some griping during my lunchbreak, several of my co-workers suggested Netflix. They even brought in a bunch of "free trial" cards! So, I went online and signed up. 1 month Free (you don't even need the card to get that).

I was so caught up in the excitement that I didn't even know what movies to pick. My first 2: "Coraline" and "I love you, man." Interesting combination, I know. Both earned a "2 star" rating from me. In fact, I was a little traumatized by "Coraline" and had very weird dreams for a few nights!

I've gotten better with picking my movies (and moving the ones I'm actually excited about to the top). My current queue is a list of 45 (and I plan to add more tonight). I signed up for the 2-at-a-time option, thank goodness. So, if both movies arrive and I know Richard wouldn't be interested in watching one of them, I can watch it myself, send it out, and have another arrive within a few days! No late fees, watch at my convenience, and I don't even have to leave the house (just check the mail). Did I already say it: wow!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home