Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What's This? Snow in Mississippi?

Does it really snow in Mississippi? Well, let's see...

Yes, that's me in front of my house this past Saturday. And, no that isn't dandruff, ashfall, or glare on the camera. That's snow. Real-life "White Stuff" sent down from the heavens.


Now, don't get me wrong, I've been in the snow before. In fact, I LOVE the snow. But, in the nearly 15 years I've lived in Mississippi, I've only seen it snow here twice. Once, when I was in 10th grade, we had one inch accumulate, and school let out early. And, once, my freshman year at State, I went home for the weekend and missed out on all the fun. Up here, it had snowed about 6 inches, and everyone had a Field Day! By the time I came back on Sunday, all that was left were a bunch of mud puddles, and a HUGE ice/snowball in the middle of the drill field (I think it was about 4 feet in diameter when they first "rolled" it)!
So, you'd think we could still act like rational adults when it snows, but NO. See what we did? Torture the cats! Here's Reina freezing her paws off on the cold metal of my truck. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough "White Stuff" to last. Within an hour, nearly all of it had melted. So Sad :(

6 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Leesa 's valuable input...

My cats were pretty weirded out after moving here from TX...but they have finally gotten used to the snow :) Now, weather below 30, they don't like.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

WOW I bet this was awesome to see if only for a short bit of time. :-)

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

Snow? Fun? Sorta like, I get excited, and go coat-less, and pop the sunroof, in January when its 40 degrees. It is fun to have abnormal weather! Kitty loves the snow!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

That's more than I got here in Cincy.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Gary 's valuable input...

I can't remember the last time we had snow here. It barely even freezes here most years. I'm jealous.

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

Again it is all relitive. I grew up in northern Ill. with snow all the time, and then it was OK. Also spent time in Buffalo N.Y. (which in my mind is the armpit of the world) Hated it!!!
Several years ago we had snow here in Pensacola and it only lasted a few hours and that is the way I like it. I always say I don't mind snow if it is 80 degrees out.
Love you both
Gma M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home