Monday, December 05, 2005

Feeling Shy

So, I've been at this blog for almost five months and I have a fairly constant "audience" (albeit a small one), but recently I've started to feel "shy" about sharing my blog. First off, I have to somewhat edit the topics I cover here. I love my family and know that some of them might be bothered if I wrote about certain things. But that's not really fair. It's MY blog, my journal. Of course, I did invite them here (so I accept that responsibility). I know some bloggers have "anonymous" sites, and that's fine for them. But I started this as a way for our familes to have a glimpse into our daily lives. Many more, though, just aren't concerned with sparing other's feelings (either their families don't read them, or they're "adult enough" to not care). My mom already insists that I put too much information out. And my best friend likes to read, but says that reading "other blogs" would be too weird.
The reason I'm bringing this up now is that yesterday R asked me to give the link to some of his extended family members. I don't necessarily mind, it's just that I think the stuff I write about is boring. Maybe if I had an exciting life, or an awesome job, or adorable kids it would be more interesting? But y'all do read it, and you even comment and laugh with me. So, there must be something interesting. Anyways, I sent the link, and I hope they come to visit.

I haven't recapped our Thanksgiving yet. Let's just say it was interesting. It was filled with fall leaves (finally), TONS of cooking, and one cute (crying) baby. This shows exactly the experience that R has with babies. E is quiet and still (after diaper change, feeding, and burping). R claims to be ready for a kid, but he didn't change a single diaper in the 4 days they were here! Baby cry? What? Hand him to gramma!
I say: No way, Jose! I LIKE watching movies! I LIKE eating! I LIKE sleeping! (Just give me a little more time, please!)

Wish me luck, tomorrow is my BIG FINAL (AKA "The Tough One")!!
(P.S. Mom, this was just a "break" in-between studying!)

6 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger ccw 's valuable input...

No offense, but he looks a little scared. You're right if you want to continue to eat, sleep, and watch movies without effort and in peace you should hold off on babies until you are both ready.

My mom is the only family that knows I have a blog and she doesn't know the URL. She has also never asked because she finds blogs boring. However, she was happy that everyone liked her kitties.

Your Thanksgiving sounds better than mine; which you know was weird from start to finish.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Fizzgig 's valuable input...

I'm an open person and everyone that reads me knows what I say I would say to them. It's a fine line. But it's your thing, if people don't like what they read they don't have to read. Same as picking up someone's journal IMO. Two blogs would be a lot of work. You can't get mad for what people think 'in the moment' everyone thinks those things, but not everyone admits it, or posts it online!! LOL. Good luck on your Final and keep on truckin!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Celina 's valuable input...

CCW: Trust me, I KNOW we need to WAIT! :) I think after I finish school (next Dec) and have some time at a job (maybe 6-8 months) and we have a house...THEN I'll be ready! I was the one who invited "everyone" here, so I just accept that as a part of my blog (an audience who knows me).

Mon: I guess I'm one of those people who tries really hard not to offend people. I try to be polite and always keep the "Golden Rule" in mind. Sometimes I just wish I could NOT be like that so they can experience how I FEEL being around THEM. Like I said before, "editing" my blog is just something I have to accept.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

You and Richard will one day give me another grandbaby--which it will be great day---but in your on time. As for your blog-- I love reading it since I don't get to see you'll much I can still keep up with you both. KEEP WRITING!!!!!
Love you both.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous 's valuable input...

Your Blog is yours no matter what if someone dosen't understand that they shouldn't be looking at it.......
As far as waiting, you need to do the other things first and be ready first, don't let others make your plans for you, they don't have to live your life, you do.
Am really looking forward to seeing you for Christmas.
Love you,
Grandma M

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Angela 's valuable input...

Hey Celina. Remember me? I came by once and blurted out on your blog about Hubby's family all being MS State Alumni's.. Any-hoo So what is you're major?. And I suppose you are attending MSU ?. :)Sounds to me like you have a goal and want to stick to it for now. I don't blame ya :)Take care and have a good weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home